Also known as cannabinoids, CBD is a naturally reoccurring compound in the hemp plant. It is non-psychoactive, it won’t get you high, and it is legal to use when sold in its isolated form.
CBD offers both calming and therapeutic benefits when used topically on the skin. It reduces pains caused by inflammatory skin conditions, and keep the skin moisturized at all times.
Top 5 Rated CBD Skin Care Products
Is CBD safe for the skin?
CBD is safe for all types of skin. It is especially helpful for people with inflammatory skin conditions such as dryness, acne, eczema, and migraine. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, CBD also helps in the skins natural healing process and reduces breakout.
What to look out for when buying a CBD skincare product
At present, the CBD industry is saturated with all types of products. However, when purchasing a CBD product for skincare, it is vital to consider the following points.
- Purity: Look for pure products that are free from THC and any form of toxin. You should opt for CBD products with CBD purity of 965 percent and above. This shows that the product was refined multiple times.
- The Price: Price is also a marker for purity, finding CBD oil with 100 mg for under $30 should tell you that the product isn’t pure.
- Full Spectrum: You must avoid products that claim to be full spectrum. Most of them contain THC sold in only in states where marijuana is legalized.
Is CBD for skincare legal?
Although the FDA is yet to approve the use of CBD for therapeutic and medical purposes, the use of CBD in its isolated form is legal in 50 states in the US. The popularity and legalization of CBD in the last few years can be attributed to the several medical benefits it offers to the human body.
How is CBD for skincare made?
CBD for skincare comes in the form of creams, lotion, balms, and even skin supplements that are infused with hemp extract. Each bottle contains above 50mg to 800mg of CBD. CBD for skincare products also contains other natural ingredients like Rosemary, Vitamin E, Eucalyptus, Aloe Vera, and Almond oil.
How Does CBD for Skincare Work?
When rubbed on the skin, the ointment in the CBD skincare products penetrates through the skin layers causing relief from inflammation while moisturizing the skin. It generally takes less than 10 minutes for CBD to have an effect on the skin.
Benefits of CBD for the skin
Some of the benefits of CBD for the skin include:
- Skin hydration: Hemp oil contains fatty acid, which produces extra moisture and keeps the skin hydrated. It is perfect for people who have skin conditions like flaky skin, eczema, skin dryness, and redness.
- Fights inflammation: CBD has some anti-inflammatory properties which help in reducing puffiness of the face.
- Keeps the skin energized: CBD also keeps the skin energized and uplift its appearance. It stimulates the skin cells and removes wrinkles leaving you youthful looking skin.
- Reduces skin breakout: CBD helps to balance the production of oil on the face. It contains some anti-depression properties that eliminate skin breakout.
- Relief from irritations: The analgesic properties in CBD make it the best option for combating skin irritation and severe conditions like sore, sunburn, and breakouts.
What CBD Skincare Products Should I Buy?
CBD for skincare comes in forms of oil and other skincare infused products like ointment, lotion, rubs, and creams. However, there are also non-topical CBD products that can aid your beauty regimen. Some of them include capsules, supplements, brownies, smoothies, cookies, and others. Try out as many products as you can and settle for what works best for your skin.
Finally, CBD offers so many therapeutic and calming benefits when used as part of your beauty regimen. It doesn’t get you high; it is non-addictive, and it is completely legal in 50 states.