Also known as Hemp oil, CBD is a derivative of the hemp plant that is high in cannabidiol (CBD) and has low in tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Due to the low concentration of THC in CBD, the traditional high experienced in marijuana is usually absent from CBD.
CBD oil comes in forms of capsules, spray, pates, cream, candies, supplements, and even tinctures. It offers so many medical and therapeutic benefits to the body. CBD also promotes better sleep, fights cancer, improves mood, prevents inflammatory arthritis, and reduces pain.
Top 5 Rated CBD Oil Products
Constituents of CBD oil
CBD oil comes from a different strain of Cannabis sativa found in the hemp plant. It is a non-intoxicating plant and the second most abundant compound in cannabis. The main ingredient in CBD is cannabidiol, which makes the traditional high in marijuana absent. When CBD oil is ingested into the body system by a cannabis user, it is used and processed in several steps which boost the endocannabinoid system resulting in self-regulation of the body system.
CBD oil also contains a high level of the following supplements: Volatile acids, Vitamins, Minerals, Nutrients, and Antioxidants
Benefits of CBD oil
As stated earlier, CBD offers so many therapeutic and medicinal benefits to the body, some of which include the following:
- CBD acts as pain relief: The analgesic (pain-relieving) property of CBD is one of its essential health benefits. CBD alleviates pain by interacting with receptors in the brain and the immune system, causing a reduction of inflammation.
- Reduces anxiety: Although CBD has been commonly used to treat physiological conditions, research has shown that it has works well in treating some mental health conditions, like anxiety.
- Anti-seizure effect: Seizures are caused by fluctuations in the brain. There are several cases which depict that the anti-seizure property of CBD has been seen over the years, but this was confirmed by science only recently.
- CBD fights cancer: Research has found CBD very useful in fighting against cancer. CBD, as well as several other substances found in cannabis, have an antitumor effect which can amplify the death of tumor cells. Also, more detailed research revealed that CBD could also prevent the spread of cancer in cervical cancer cells. Though most of the CBD and cancer studies that have been carried out are still preclinical, the findings are very promising.
How to use CBD oil
CBD oil comes in various formulas which include
- Lotions on the skin
- Chew Gums
- Capsules or pills
- Or inhaled using a vaporizer.
The most trendy/popular ways to consume CBD OIL
- Smoking: Smoking is the most popular way of consuming CBD oil. It is an inexpensive method that leaves you with an instant effect. The only drawback of consuming CBD oil through smoking is that the smoke generated during the combustion process might contain harmful compounds.
- Vaping: Vaping involves heating CBD oil to become inhalable vapor. One of the significant advantages of vaping is that it eliminates the harmful effect on the lungs and reduces odor.
- Edibles: Consuming CBD as Edibles takes longer to wear off and may lead to overconsumption. However, Edibles are so delicious that it could be difficult to know that they contain CBD oil
- Topicals: These are CBD-infused products used on the skin surface to get quick relief from various types of conditions like arthritis, joint pains, and eczema. CBD oil used as tropical is for medical purposes because they have zero psychoactive effects.
- Pills or Capsules: At present, a lot of pills sold in the market contain CBD. They are perfect for people who have respiratory issues and deliver maximum experience.
Is it legal?
Over the years, the legality of CBD oil has been a significant issue; while some consumers have campaigned about the seemingly endless benefits of CBD, the FDA is yet to endorse CBD in certain states. Till date, there has been a higher ratio for the endorsement of CBD for medical purposes.
CBD oil offers so many medical and therapeutic benefits to the body system. They are perfect for medical cannabis users. However, every cannabis users must seek the advice of a medical practitioner before consuming CBD oil.