CBD is sweeping the nation, from oils, to face creams, drinks to treats and now, CBD products specifically designed for hair, too. The beneficial compounds of cannabidiol (CBD) are addressing common mane issues like dryness, growth and overall hair health. Those looking for longer, stronger or more luscious locks are quickly turning to CBD hair products, but how does it work? Let’s review how CBD infused hair products can help.
As you probably know, CBD is often recommended for anti-anxiety or stress. But what about stressed out tresses? Come to find out, CBD oil infused shampoos, conditioners and hair products can help tame hair in similar ways too.
CBD contains all 21 known amino acids, which is the main source of protein. This protein helps build your levels of collagen, and elastin which are crucial components for hair strength. One of these amino acids, tyrosine, even helps to preserve hair color.
With CBD oil aiding this boost of protein, using infused products can avoid strand breakage. This alone, will help make hair look fuller and thicker. The same outcome, many hair product users are seeking with ‘volumizing’ products, now.
The fatty acids that allows CBD to assist in healthy diets and weight loss, also attribute to healthy hair. CBD is high in Omega 3, 6 and 9 which help with retaining moisture in your mane.
Studies have also shown that CBD reduces your body’s oil (or sebum) secretion, which is beneficial to many skin conditions like acne. If you suffer from oily or greasy hair, this CBD factor can help internally too.
In addition to being anti-anxiety, anti-inflammatory, among other benefits, CBD is also a powerful antioxidant. High in vitamins A, C and E, CBD protects hair from environmental damages or excessive styling, that can lead to frizzy or dry conditions.
Scalp & Growing Pains
Many suffer from hair loss, typically caused by scalp issues. Guess what? CBD can help there, too. In skin conditions, CBD is regenerative in making new cells, after assisting your body in ridding of toxic cells. This holds true for your scalp, too.
Along with CBD’s natural fatty acids that the scalp uses up for hair growth, CBD oil also contains gamma linoleic acid, or GLA . GLA is vital in promoting hair growth.
CBD boosts ideal blood circulation, diminishing scalp dandruff and nourishes sore or damaged hair follicles, as well. Scientifically, CBD works with your endocannabinoid system to reduce inflammatory cytokines in your skin, and scalp. This reduces itching, and flaking like dandruff as well.
When purchasing CBD infused hair products, it’s important to review the active ingredients and specifically the type of CBD oil that’s used. In order to receive the benefits that CBD can provide, you’ll want to ensure your product’s potency.
Some products have been marketed as containing CBD, but really contain hemp seed oil. The difference in CBD or hemp seed oil, depends on where the oil is extracted from.
CBD oil is extracted from the flowered hemp plants and leaves. Hemp seed oil is a cold pressed extract from seeds, similar to jojoba oil. While hemp seed oil still contains beneficial ingredients we’ve discussed, like antioxidants and fatty acids…it does not contain CBD, which is more rich in benefits.
One other benefit CBD can also contain is miniscule amounts of THC. Per the recently passed Farm Bill legislation, CBD can have >.3% of THC. Meaning, THC can add its’ additional advantages to your hair care routine, too.
If you’re looking for the most benefits for your beauty routine, be sure your product is infused with pure CBD oil vs. seed oil.
Products to peruse
Speaking of products, CBD is being infused in a myriad of hair helpers. Shampoos, conditioners, masks, treatments, styling tools and more…let’s take a look at the most popular CBD infused options available for purchase now and how they help common hair issues.
- Emera Nourishing CBD Shampoo – Speaking of hemp seed oil, and CBD oil, what if a product contained both? Emera does, along with avocado oils and other beneficial botanicals. This additionally boosts the benefits your hair craves. Emera also offers full CBD products like conditioner, detangler, serum and scalp therapy oil.
- CBD Daily CBD Conditioner – Made by Daintri, CBD Daily is a conditioner that’s termed to tackle split ends and frizz for silky smooth locks. In addition to containing CBD, the conditioner includes argan oil, peppermint oil, and hemp oil too. Daintri also manufactures skin, body and other CBD products.
- Hempz Herbal Deep Conditioner & Hydrating Mask – Sold in many retailers, including Ulta Hempz is infused with hemp seed oil vs. CBD. Still, the mask is packed with helpful hair nutrients like avocado, sunflower and peppermint oils, and shea butter too. Hempz offers body, hair and skin products, too.
- Infinite CBD Hair Plasma – Another hair mask, Infinite CBD is made with the purest form of CBD, isolate. The mask is available in specific hair treating options, including dry scalp, conditioning, shine and growth & thickening. Infinite CBD also sells capsules, tinctures, salves and more.
- CBD For Life Pure CBD Shampoo – Containing CBD isolate, and seed oil too, this shampoo is recommended for specifically curly hair. Along with botanicals like lemongrass, rosemary, avocado and coconut oils, the shampoo is recommended for daily use. CBD for Life offers additional hair and skin products, like bath bombs, tincture, creams, lip balm and others.
Add CBD to your beauty routine
If you’re been trying other hair products, with little to no success – try adding CBD infused products to your routine. With a growing number of studies, trials and successes, the beneficial compounds are helping users with everything from skin conditions, pain and now, even your hair. With CBD’s possibilities increasing, you can safely add it to your beauty routine to reap the benefits it can provide to your hair and scalp health.